Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Let us receive it in love and gratitude...

The joys and pains of all beings
are present in the gift of this food.
Let us receive it in love
and gratitude...

And in mindfulness of our sisters and brothers
among living beings of every kind
who are hungry or homeless,
sick or injured,
or suffering in any way.

Meal Gatha from Blue Iris Sangha

Commentary:

I want to continue the theme of gratitude. I find myself often giving thanks for what I have, and I believe reflection on gratitude keeps me at peace. I feel especially grateful today as another day passes for many who are still waiting for electricity. Luckily the weather is pleasant (not the usual heat & humidity) as they stand in long, long lines for Meals Ready to Eat and drinking water. Some of these people don't have a home to return to.

No comments: